Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
Easybook Training were very good and lived up to their name as easy to deal with. The course went well it was both informative and enjoyable. Thanks Again.
Darlington, North East England, UK
- Wednesday, 11 Jul 12 - Wednesday, 11 Jul 12
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 0.5 Day
- County Durham (Darlington)
Fire Marshall or Fire Warden Training is essential to ensure that employees, who are designated to undertake the role of fire prevention and evacuation, understand their duties within the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Thereby making the workplace a safer environment.
The aim of the course is to give staff a greater understanding of the fire risks in the workplace and be able to evacuate the premises effectively. Participants will learn about fire, the way in which it spreads and the best way to tackle a fire.
An understanding of fire safety risks and how to prevent them will be gained. Where location and course permits, candidates will learn how to use fire extinguishers correctly and safely.
On successful completion of the course candidates will have:
- An awareness of their own and others legal responsibities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
- A greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
- The ability to identify each class of fire and select and safely use the appropriate firefighting equipment
- The ability to recognise areas that are unsafe to enter
- The knowledge to formulate effective emergency action plans and organise fire training sessions at their workplace
- An understanding of the various evacuation methods and how to choose the best method for their workplace
- An understanding of the fire risk assessment for their workplace and how to review it in the future
The course will include sessions on:
- Fire Safety Legislation
- The Nature of Fire & Combustion Principles
- Fire Procedures
- Duties of the Fire Warden / Marshall
- Classes of Fire & Types of Extinguishers
- The selection and use of fire extinguishers
- Practical exercise using various extinguishers (Location Permitting)
This course is suitable for allocated fire marshals/wardens in all types of premises.
This course does not require the candidte to take an assessment however they will be asked questions by the tutor to ensure they have grasped the content of the session.
- Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE)
Institute of Fire Engingeers