Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
The book and pay online service was so simple. The price you see is the price you pay - no hidden costs or credit card charges!!
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) / Appointed Person
Stoke-on-Trent, Midlands, UK
- Wednesday, 27 Jun 12 - Wednesday, 27 Jun 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 1 day
- Staffordshire (Stoke-on-Trent)
The HSE approved Emergency First Aid At Work training course (formally appointed person) has been designed for any member of an organisation who is likely to find themselves taking charge of, or who has been appointed to take charge of, first aid equipment during a first aid emergency in the absence of a qualified First Aider. This is a one-day course recommended by the HSE as the minimum level of training for persons in low-risk workplace environments.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with sufficient knowledge and confidence to deal with an accident until a qualified first aider or the emergency services take charge of the situation.
All candidates should be aware that the course is of a practical nature therefore casual clothes should be worn. Female personnel attending are advised to wear trousers.
The HSE strongly recommends that all first aiders complete a half-day refresher course annually
On completion of the Emergency First Aid course candidates will understand: -
- Principles of first aid.
- The action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- The correct method of basic life support
- Typical major injuries and the action to be taken to preserve life
The Emergency First Aid course will include sessions on:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Dealing with seizures
- Responding to an overdose
Any member of an organisation who is likely to find themselves taking charge of first aid during a first aid emergency.
Certification of the Emergency First Aid Course is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the student, there is no final exam. Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with a certificate which is valid for three years.
If the course is being provided as a CIEH EFAW Course candidates will be assessed on their competence to carry out first-aid procedures and on their understanding of the principles of first aid. The practical assessment will take place at intervals throughout the training programme, and at the end of the session candidates will complete an examination paper consisting of 15 multiple-choice questions.
HSE Approved First Aid at Work
- HSE Approved
HSE Approved Certificate