Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
McLaren Construction have used Easybook Training to book a large number of training courses. We are always delighted with the quality of the courses and the staff are always exceptionally helpful and make the booking process very easy.
First Aid at Work (FAW) - 2 Day Refresher
Leeds, North East England, UK
- Monday, 24 Sep 12 - Tuesday, 25 Sep 12
- 08:30 - 17:00
- 2 days
- West Yorkshire (Leeds)
The First Aid at Work Refresher Course is designed to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and their associated guidance.
Delegates must be in possession of a current First Aid at Work or a First Aid at Work Refresher Certificate. First aiders whose certificates have expired for more than 28 days must attend the three day first aid at work course.
The first aid at work Refresher course involves at least 12 hours of training and is run over two days.
The course aims to update and refresh your knowledge of the First aid at work syllabus, while allowing time for revision and practice sessions in preparation for a final assessment.
The First Aid at Work Refresher course will cover the following topics: -
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work - such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
Qualified workplace First Aiders who are within three months of expiry of their First Aid at Work Certificate issued by any HSE Approved training organisation, or within the subsequent 28 day grace period after expiry.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the delegate will receive the HSE approved, nationally recognised First Aid at Work Certificate. This is valid for three years.
Under the current HSE guidelines it is "strongly recommended" that first-aiders undertake an annual half day refresher course and a full re-qualification bythe 3 year expiry.
- HSE Approved
HSE Approved Certificate
Delegates must be in possession of a current First Aid at Work or a First Aid at Work Refresher Certificate. If the certificate has expired, then delegates will be required to undertake the full First Aid at Work Course again.