Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
The book and pay online service was so simple. The price you see is the price you pay - no hidden costs or credit card charges!!
First Aid at Work (FAW) (DAY RELEASE)
Bedford, Central, UK
- Wednesday, 04 Jul 12 - Wednesday, 18 Jul 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 3 days
- Bedfordshire (Bedford)
Please note this course will run on the following dates: - 4th, 11th & 18th July
The HSE Approved First Aid at Work (FAW) training course covers the practical skills needed by a first aider in the modern workplace and will give candidates the confidence and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.
Where an employer has identified a need for a fully qualified First Aider, a person should be nominated for training in accordance with HSE guidance and legal obligations.
Potential First Aiders should:
- Possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills
- Be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
- Have duties that do not prevent them going immediately to an emergency
The first aid at work (FAW) course involves at least 18 hours of training and is run over three days.
At the end of the First Aid at Work course candidates will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR)
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Deal with a casualty suffering burns and scalds
- Manage eye injuries
- Deal with casualties overcome by fumes or suffering from poisoning
- Deal with a broad range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical care
- Maintain first aid records
- Use and maintain first aid kits
The First Aid at Work course will cover the following topics: -
- First Aid Priorities
- Managing Incidents
- Basic Life Support
- Examination of a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Common Illnesses
- Heart Attacks
- Eye Injuries
- Recording and Reporting
- First Aid Kits
Nominated workplace first aiders, or anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to first aid.
On successful completion of the First Aid at work course candidates will take part in a final assessment.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the delegate will receive the HSE Approved, nationally recognised, First Aid at Work Certificate. This is valid for three years.
The HSE strongly recommends that all first aiders complete a half-day refresher course annually.
Under the current HSE guidelines it is "strongly recommended" that first-aiders undertake an annual half day refresher course and a full re-qualification by the 3 year expiry.
- HSE Approved
HSE Approved Certificate
HSE Approved Certificate