Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
Easybook Training have made booking our construction training straight forward and simple with a personal service. Great work.
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
South Wimbledon , London, UK
- Tuesday, 21 Aug 12 - Thursday, 23 Aug 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 3 days
- London (South Wimbledon)
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety course is designed for supervisors, team- leaders, managers and owners who require a broad understanding of food safety enabling them to identify problem areas and recommend solutions.
The Level 3 Food Safety course is relevant to all catering operations i.e. restaurants, pubs, hotels, fast-food outlets, contract catering, hospitals, care and nursing homes, travel, schools, prisons and the armed forces.
The correct handling of food will ensure food poisioning and contamination is kept as low as possible and this can only be done by educating food handlers.
Changes in legislation effective from January 2006 have placed greater onus and accountability on anyone in the food business with supervisory responsibility. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Successful completion of the Level 3 Food Safety training programme and examination will ensure candidates are able to:
- Implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
The Level 3 Food Safety qualification will cover the following topics:
- General introduction to food hygiene
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Temperature control
- Workplace and equipment design
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene of staff
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementation of food safety management procedures
- Food safety management tools
- Legislation and Supervisory Management
- Team Leaders
The assessment of the Level 3 in Supervising Food Safety in Catering will consist of an examination paper with 60 multiple choice questions. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete this. In order to pass the exam candidates must achieve 40 or more correct answers. Any candidates which achieve 51 and over will receive a merit certificate.
CIEH Level 4 Awards in Food Safety
- OFQUAL (formerly QCA)
OFQUAL (formerly QCA)
- OFQUAL (Formally QCA)
It is recommended that candidates have an understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally a CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety taken within the last three years.