Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
The book and pay online service was so simple. The price you see is the price you pay - no hidden costs or credit card charges!!
IOSH Managing Safely (DAY RELEASE)
Acton , London, UK
- Thursday, 05 Jul 12 - Thursday, 26 Jul 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 4 days
- London (Acton)
Please note the dates for this course are:- 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th July
The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health have developed the IOSH Manging Safely course for managers and supervisors in any business sector, and organisation. This 4 day IOSH Managing Safely course has been designed to enable managers to introduce new controls and implement changes within their deparment. The aim of the course is to promote a safer workplace in line with a companies organisational policy and health & safety compliance.
At the end of the course candidates will be require to carry out the following:
- A practical assessment in their workplace
- A short exam (20 multi-format questions)
Successful delegates will receive a Managing Safely certificate issued by IOSH.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- explain ‘working safely’
- explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, BS 8800, and OHSAS 18001
- identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring data
- define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk assessment technique and the data required for records
- describe workplace precaution hierarchies
- prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Module 1 – Introduction and Overview
- Module 2 – Risk Assessment
- Module 3 – Risk Control
- Module 4 – Health and Safety Legislation
- Module 5 – Common Hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Module 7 – Measuring Performance
- Module 8 – Environmental Protection
Managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation who is required to manage risk and resources within their organisation.
An IOSH ‘Managing safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a 45-minute written assessment paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions and a practical assessment.
Delegates are responsible for submitting their assessments within the required timescales. If assessments are not submitted by this time the candidate will fail the course.
Many people that study the IOSH Managing Safely qualification go on to study for a NEBOSH Certificate(General, International, Construction and/or Fire Certificates).
Institue of Occupational Safety and Health