Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
Easybook Training have made booking our construction training straight forward and simple with a personal service. Great work.
Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH)
Bayswater, London, UK
- Monday, 25 Jun 12 - Monday, 25 Jun 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 1 day
- London (Bayswater)
The law requires alcohol sales on licensed premises to be made or authorised by a personal licence holder. Individuals applying for a personal licence must hold an accredited licensing qualification.
The aim of the Personal Licence Holder qualification is to provide candidates with essential knowledge of the legal framework surrounding the sale of alcohol in England and Wales. This includes key information on the responsibilities of personal licence holders, duties of the Designated Premises Supervisor, the role of licensing authorities and police powers regarding licensed premises.
* Candidates will be required to bring photographic I.D with them to the course *
Successful completion of the training programme and examination will ensure candidates are able to understand the following:
- Licensing authorities
- Personal licences
- Premises licences
- Operating schedules
- Permitted temporary activities
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Police powers
- Legal and social responsibilities of the personal licence holder
- Duties of the personal licence holder
- Illegal drugs; disorderly conduct
- Protection of children
- Rights of entry
This course will cover the following topics:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- The application process for a personal licence holder
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder
- Penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorized licensable activities
- Permitted temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Anyone working in a job role that requires them to authorise retail sales of alcohol in both on-sales and off-sales premises: managers, assistant managers and supervisors, or staff seeking promotion
to one of these positions.
The examination of the NCPLH will consist of a multiple choice examination paper.
Progression routes include Level 3 Award for Designated Premises Supervisors which includes learning outcomes for candidates with supervisory and management responsibilities in licensed retail.