Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
McLaren Construction have used Easybook Training to book a large number of training courses. We are always delighted with the quality of the courses and the staff are always exceptionally helpful and make the booking process very easy.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate
Nottingham, Midlands, UK
- Monday, 30 Jul 12 - Friday, 17 Aug 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 10 Days Classroom + Revision + Exams
- Nottinghamshire (Nottingham)
Please note the dates for this course are as follows: -
NGC1 30thJuly-3rd Aug NCC1 6th-10th Aug Revision 15th-16th Aug Exam 17th Aug
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely.
It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The NEBOSH Construction qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
At the end of the course successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the main requirements and application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
- Understand the factors to consider when carrying out a site assessment; identify construction activity hazards, assess the risks and recommend control measures.
- Identify the hazards & and outline appropriate control measures in the following areas: movement of people & vehicles, manual & mechanical handling, work equipment, electrical, chemical & biological, physical & psychological, working at height, excavation work & confined spaces & demolition.
- Successfully carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report
The course will cover the following topics: -
Unit 1: NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
Element 2 – Health & Safety Policy
Element 3 – Organising for Health & Safety
Element 4 – Promoting a Positive Health & Safety Culture
Element 5 – Risk Assessment
Element 6 – Principles of Control
Element 7 – Monitoring, Review and Audit
Element 8 – Incident and Accident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
Unit 2: NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
Element 1 – Construction Law and Management
Element 2 – Construction Activities
Element 3 – Movement of People and Vehicles
Element 4 – Manual and Mechanical Handling
Element 5 – Work Equipment
Element 6 – Electricity
Element 7 – Fire
Element 8 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards
Element 9 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
Element 10 – Working at Height
Element 11 – Excavation Work and Confined Spaces
Element 12 – Demolition
Unit 3: NCC2 - Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
The course attendee must carry out a safety inspection of a construction site and write a report.
Managers, supervisors, designers and CDM Co-ordinators from the Construction Industry. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
Assessment is by an end-of-course examination comprising two written papers - NGC1 (The management of safety and health) and NCC1 (Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities) - and a practical assessment NCC2 which consists of carrying out a health and safety inspection of a construction site and preparing a management report. Delegates are responsible for submitting their assessments within the required timescales. If assessments are not submitted by this time the candidate will fail the course.