Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
Easybook Training have made booking our construction training straight forward and simple with a personal service. Great work.
NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
Colchester, East of England, UK
- Monday, 23 Jul 12 - Friday, 27 Jul 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Essex (Colchester)
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors and employees based in the UK, who have responsibility for managing environment issues, as part of their day to day duties. The qualification focuses on UK law and environmental management systems. It also provides a sound basis for progression on to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental management.
No previous environmental management knowledge is required but candidates should note the assessment includes a written exam and the requirement to write a short report.
On completion of the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand environmental management systems
- Identify sources of energy and consider energy efficiency
- Hazards and controls associated with air, land, water and waste
- Deploy planning methods for management of environmental emergencies
- Conduct environmental impact assessments
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate will cover the following topics: -
Unit NEC1 Management and control of environmental hazards
- Foundations in environmental management
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental impact assessments
- Control of emissions to air
- Control of contamination of water resources
- Control of waste and land use
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Control of environmental noise
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
Unit NEC2 Environmental practical application
- Environmental practical application
Managers, supervisors and employees based in the UK, who have responsibility for managing environment issues, as part of their day to day duties. The qualification focuses on UK law and environmental management systems. It also provides a sound basis for progression on to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental management.
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificae is assessed by an end-of-course examination and practical assessment: -
Unit NEC1 is a taught unit assessed by a two-hour written examination. The examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory.
Unit NEC2 requires the candidate to carry out an environmental review of a workplace or organisation and produce a justified action plan to improve performance. This practical application must be completed and returned to the Course Provider within 14 days of the written examination. The practical application is internally assessed by the course provider and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental management