Why book with us?
|No Booking or Credit Card Fees|
|Family Run Business|
|100s of providers & 1000s of courses|
|Open 7 days a week|
|UK wide Coverage|
Easybook Training were very good and lived up to their name as easy to deal with. The course went well it was both informative and enjoyable. Thanks Again.
SSSTS Training - CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
Ipswich, East of England, UK
- Tuesday, 26 Jun 12 - Wednesday, 27 Jun 12
- 08:45 - 16:30
- 2 days
- Suffolk (Ipswich)
This two day SSSTS training course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. Through completing the course supervisors will be provided with an ability to understand health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
On successful completion of the SSSTS training course delegates that are given supervisory responsibilities will understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them and
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the SSSTS training course successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This course is aimed at first line managers, foreman, gangers, team leaders, supervisors and those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
During the course projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the tutor. At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment. Delegates who successfully complete the projects and assessment are awarded the Construction Skills (CITB) SSSTS - Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme certificate.
The Suggested progression would be the five-day CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) training course.