First Aid/AED/CPR Blended (Online & Classroom)
This American Heart Association First Aid / CPR / AED Online & Classroom training will prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely and effective manner.
On this first aid course students will learn how to describe the key steps in first aid actions for life threatening conditions including heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock and stroke.
Trainees will learn how to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person, such as how to give CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), until more advanced medical help arrives to take over. Students will also learn how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator).
The E-learning portion of the blended learning course is designed to teach students information required for the first aid, AED & CPR training. Upon successful completion of the online portion, students MUST complete the classroom, hands-on skills session to achieve the course completion ecard.
* Please ensure delegate(s) have time to complete the online portion of the training before confirming attendance of this classroom session*
On successful completion of both the Online & Classroom training, trainees will be able to use bandaging, control bleeding, recognize common injuries and common illnesses, recognize when someone needs CPR and perform CPR with help from others, plus give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask.
Students will also be able to:
- check and care for an injured person
- identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission when giving care
- know when to move an injured person from a dangerous scene
- know how to check both a conscious and unconscious person for life-threatening conditions
- identify the signs of shock
This First Aid / CPR / AED Online & Classroom training will cover the following topics:
- How to recognize a cardiac emergency, describe how to care for a heart attack and list the causes
- Understand the role of CPR and demonstrate how to use it
- Recognize the signals of a breathing emergency and how to deal with someone choking
- Understand and demonstrate how a defibrillator works
- Identify the signals of sudden illness
- Care for someone who is having a seizure
- Identify signals of head, neck and spinal injuries and explain how to care for these
- Explain how to care for muscle, bone and joint injuries
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding
This blended course will require students to first complete the online portion of the course (4.75 hours) followed by this classroom hands-on session featuring skills practice & testing (1 hour). On successful completion of this First Aid course trainees will receive an American Heart Foundation (AHA) First Aid CPR AED course completion card, which is valid for two years. Candidates should expect to receive an email from the American Heart Foundation with a link to claim the ecard.
Who Should Attend
This course is for students who prefer the convenience of completing training at their own pace at work, home or wherever internet access is available. It has been designed for workers who have an interest in first aid in the workplace and employers who want to make sure they meet regional and national compliance standards for workplace safety.
* Please ensure delegate(s) have time to complete the online portion of training before confirming attendance of this classroom session. Should a delegate arrive without completing this element, attendance will be refused, and additional fees may apply. *
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969