NYC 8 Hour DOB Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Refresher Course
This NYC 8-Hour DOB Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Refresher course re-introduces Chapter 14 of the New York Fire Code and Rule 3 of the Rules of the City of New York (RCNY) for construction sites. Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the exam, students will receive a certificate and verification letter that is required by the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to apply for the FDNY exam for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate the difference between the FDNY standards, OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
- Determine NYC specific fire safety issues.
- Apply all construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
- Identify the construction site fire safety manager requirements and responsibilities.
- Apply safe work practices by complying with the NYC Fire Code and Fire Department Rules.
This 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Training course will cover the following topics:
- Compare roles and responsibilities of NYC DOB licensed site safety professionals.
- Determine job safety protocols during construction and demolition operation in NYC that protect the employees, public and property.
- Differentiate between OSHA Standard and New York City DOB Chapter 33 regulations.
- Define site safety plan requirements.
- Understand how to use tools safely on the jobsite.
- Analyze jobsite safety violations and emergency situations.
Attendees will be required to attend full learning hours. Students are required to achieve a minimum passing score of 70% on the exam to receive the course completion certificate and verification letter.
Who should attend
Any individuals with experience supervising construction or fire safety activities, or who have worked as a firefighter or officer in a paid fire department.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969