Virtual SPANISH MSHA Part 48 (B) New Miner Training Course
This Spanish online instructor-led MSHA Part 48 New Miner Training Course will be delivered remotely, using instructor-led online learning. This course content remains the same as classroom-based training, however, you’ll attend a scheduled, interactive class via video conferencing. All course material and instruction will be provided in Spanish.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Part 48B New Miner Training course is designed to meet the regulatory requirements to keep workers, contractors, and field representatives safe while working at a mine. MSHA Part 48 regulations require workers to complete a minimum of 24-Hours of Training prior to entering a mine site.
* Part 48 Subpart B applies to surface work on all metal and non-metal mines.
* Part 46 applies to the following types of mines: sand, gravel, surface stone, surface clay, surface limestone, colloidal phosphate, or shell dredging operations.
*PLEASE NOTE – THIS COURSE IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PART 48 SUBPART B AND WILL NOT APPLY TO WORKERS SEEKING UNDERGROUOND CERTIFICATION COVERED IN PART 48 SUBPART A*
At the end of this Spanish online instructor-led health and safety training course, successful students will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the hazards associated with working at a mine site and be able to minimize the risks.
The Spanish virtual MSHA Part 48 New Miner Training course will cover the following topics:
- Instruction to the 1977 Mine Act
- Self-Rescue and Respiratory Devices
- Transportation Controls and Communications
- Introduction to the Work Environment
- Escape and Emergency evacuation procedures
- Ground Control; Working in Areas of Highwalls, Water Hazards, Pits and Spoil Banks; Illumination and Night Work
- Dust and Noise Health
- Hazard Awareness
- Electrical Risks
- First Aid
- Explosives Storage, Transportation, Hazards and Safety Procedures
- New miner health and safety tasks
Attendees will be required to be proficient in Spanish, attend full learning hours and achieve a passing score on all tests and assessments. All course material, instruction and testing will be provided in Spanish. On successful completion of this New Miner Training, students will receive a 5000-23 MSHA certificate which is valid for 12 months.
Part 48 Refresher training will be required on an annual basis.
Who Should Attend
New Miners, maintenance personnel, independent contractors, manufacturers field representatives or anyone who speak Spanish and is exposed to the hazards of mining operations.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969