It goes without saying that construction training’s number one goal is to provide the information needed to get everyone home safe at the end of a shift. But investing in construction training courses can also help your company’s bottom line, increase your company’s standards, and, could even help fill the labor shortage gap. From OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 construction courses, to fall protection training, there is a range of construction training classes that will boost productivity and make your company shine.
Here are just a few of the top economic benefits that come along with a properly trained workforce.
- Reduced costly errors and re-work. Human error is often the top-cited reason behind accidents. But training can, and will, reduce that. A study by the National Center on the Educational Quality of the Workforce (EQW) recently reported that a 10% increase in educational development produced an 8.6% gain in productivity.
- Adding to the black. According to HR Magazine, companies who invest $1,500 on employee training make an average of 24% more profit than companies who invest less, or nothing at all.
- Who cares? You do. Gallop conducted a poll about unengaged employees and found out that laissez-faire workers cost companies between $483 billion and $605 billion each year.
- Go online. Reduced travel budgets should not equal reduced training. With online construction training courses more available than ever before, your employees can complete required or additional training from the comfort of their own home or office.
- Reduced fuel use and costs. Skilled operators who are properly trained can save 10-12% every day compared to an unskilled one.
- And the list goes on and on….. Companies can also save on parts and maintenance, insurance costs, decreased penalties and fines, and lowered litigation and attorney’s fees.
However, even with the numerous economic benefits in relation to a trained workforce, don’t forget the most important training advantage isn’t related to money at all; it’s humanistic. By investing in training, you’re keeping your staff safe and sending them home to their families at the end of the day – and that, in the grand scheme of things, is priceless.
Don’t hesitate, book construction training courses NOW at Easybook Training.